MRP Toolkit Training Workshops & Schedule
The Centre of Excellence for Matrimonial Real Property hosted by the National Aboriginal Lands Managers Association (NALMA) and with the support of Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada (INAC) has developed a Matrimonial Real Property (MRP) toolkit.
Matrimonial Real Property Toolkit Training
We are pleased to offer five (5) MRP Training workshops in 2018-2019. The target Group Priority is First Nations who have not had an opportunity to attend one of our previous training sessions. Priority will be given to one delegate per First Nation. Additional delegates will be considered if space is available.
We are pleased to offer a sponsorship for these First Nations of up to $2,500.00 per First Nation, to assist registered participants with the travel cost of attending the MRP Training session. The First Nation will be reimbursed upon receipt of a completed travel claim, accompanied by original associated receipts.
We have toolkit training sessions in:
- Vancouver, British Columbia: September 18-20, 2018
- Millbrook, Nova Scotia: September 18-20, 2018
- Kahnawake, Quebec: September 25-27, 2018 (French Delivery)
- Brokenhead, Manitoba: January 29-31, 2019
- Saskatoon, Saskatchewan: March 5-7, 2019
We Could Also Come To You!
The Centre of Excellence is also pleased to announce the opportunity for a community based presentation. We are available to make a presentation on:
1. The law-making provisions of the legislation and best practices for engaging your community in this activity
2. Information on the provisional federal rules and how they impact your First Nation. These rules became effective December 16th, 2014 and will apply until your First Nation enacts its own MRP law
Presentations can be geared to leadership, technicians and/or members and residents.
If your First Nation is interested in hosting such a presentation please contact our MRP Coordinator Crystal Cummings at email@example.com. We will do our best to accommodate your request. Please contact us early as dates are limited.