The Centre of Excellence is pleased to share our latest video series. We hope you find these short videos useful and that First Nations & other stakeholders will utilize these videos in training and presentations as they pertain to law development or understanding the provisional federal rules.
This is a series of short videos that will provide information about the Family Homes on Reserve and Matrimonial Interest or Rights Act (“FHRMIRA”).
- The series include:
- Video #1 Why Canada Enacted The Family Homes on Reserve and Matrimonial Interest or Rights Act
- Video #2 FHRMRA Authorizes First Nations to Enact Their Own MRP Law for the Community
- Video #3 The Provisional Federal Rules and the Rights of Spouses and Common-Law Partners Upon Breakdown of the Relationship
- Video #4 The FHRMIRA and the Rights of a Surviving Spouse or Common-law partner Upon the Death of Their Spouse or Common-Law Partner
- Video #5 FHRMIRA and Valuation Provisions
- Video #6 Using alternate dispute resolution mechanisms or domestic agreements to help settle matrimonial real property issues
Or you can view each video individually here on our site.